Z Blade Sigma Kneader
Sigma Mixer Description
SIGMA MIXING MACHINE is a heavy-duty mixer specially designed to produce uniform mixing, blending & kneading of highly viscous, paste & dough type materials. Sigma mixer is used for kneading of putty, epoxy, paints, pigments, adhesives, gums, battery pastes, welding electrode flux, catalysts paste, plastic compounds, rubber compounds, papad, chocolate, bubble gum, etc.
Sigma Mixer Operation
The tangential action of mixing and kneading is thoroughly obtained by two 'Z' shaped kneading blades, which rotates very accurately at different speed towards each other causing the product to be transferred from one blade to the other.
The mixing action is a combination of bulk movement, stretching, folding, dividing, and recombining of the material. The shearing & tearing action of the material against blades and the side walls causes size reduction of the solids.
- Sigma Mixer is a Batch type Mixer
- In sigma mixer, Mixing Trough and Blades are
fabricated from mild steel, stainless steel 304 and 316 grade.
Blades of sigma mixers are
designed to obtain thorough mixing of high viscosity materials.
Sigma Mixers Blades are
machined to keep minimum equal gap between through walls and
Sigma mixers have fixed with Heavy-duty gears to sustaion of load of Kneading.
Shaft sealing into the stuffing
boxes is provided by Teflon Chevron Rings / PTFE breaded gland rope to prevent
leaking from blade ends.
Safety Guards and Grills are provided for maximum safety in sigma mixers.
Sigma Mixer Options
- Discharge in sigma mixers is done by tilting container / bottom sliding valves
/ bottom gates / flush bottom gate valves.
- Tilting in sigma mixers is done by hand liver / hand wheel with lead screw /
electrical arrangements / hydraulic systems.
- Lifting of lead either manually, with help of counter weights or hydraulically.
- 'Z' Type Spiral blade / Naben / double naben blades to circulate hot / cold
water in cases of heavy masses.
- Jacketed shell for heating or cooling by steam, oil, water etc. with fiber
glass insulation over the jacket.
- Spray system for liquid addition / gas purge.
- Flame proof / Non-flame proof electrical controls.